Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yes I am so generic and love the movie Juno


My girlfriend and I have only seen two movies together in the theater (well, without our kids that is) during the year we have been an item. The first was the new installment of "Spiderman" last summer, which was lame and scary.  The second was "Juno", which I am happy to report was 600,000x better than our first movie date experience.  I was so excited that the theater was totally packed when we saw - I live on the east side of Colorado Springs and let's just say it is not the coolest place on earth.  Seeing so many people enjoy an "indie" flick in generic-ville was inspiring!

Anyway, those kids in "Juno" were so awesome - why couldn't sweet dorks like them have existed in my high school to keep me company? Allison Janney played Juno's stepmom and was as delightful as always - she was in "Drop Dead Gorgeous" as Ellen Barkin's trailer trash hairdresser friend and took Kirsten Dunst to the national beauty pageant. She reminds me so much of my Polish aunts on my mom's side.  Lastly I just love to see Jason Bateman being all grown-up and admired for his acting talent.  I sometimes feel like I deserve a high five for having watched him on "Silver Spoons" when I was a kid, like somehow I knew he was going to be famous years later.  It took me forever to find this photo of him as a kid but there it is!  And he turned 39 just yesterday, how cool is that!

Oh, and I love the soundtrack to "Juno", buy it or download it and then learn to play "Anyone Else But You" by the Moldy Peaches on your guitar.  

No comments: